Participate in the total patient care in the designated Oncology Clinic, recognizing normal and abnormal signs and symptoms and life threatening emergencies. Act as a staff person in the office, assisting in patient care, and maintain high standards of care in the community office.
- Knowledge of normal and abnormal symptomatology and life threatening medical problems.
- Ability to perform venipuncture with skill, adhering to all OSHA PPE safety requirements.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Skill to accurately perform a 12-lead EKG.
- Knowledge and ability to set up and assist physician with any procedures such as, but not limited to audiometry, spirometry, O2 saturation levels, skin tag and mole removals, ear lavage, colposcopies, flexible sigmoidscopies.
- Ability to work overtime in cases of emergency.
- Completion of Medical Assistant authorized program by the Dept. of Education or post-secondary institution accredited or approved by the bureau of Private Post-Secondary and Vocational education in the Dept. of Consumer Affairs or certification by the National Center for Competency Testing.
- Current National Certification as a Phlebotomy Technician or California Phlebotomy License.
- Current CPR card.
- Ability to push, pull or carry 30 lbs. or more.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: